Theresa May faces deadlock over Brexit customs rules, after senior politicians attack both proposed options
Theresa May faces deadlock over the key controversy of customs rules after Brexit, after senior politicians rubbished both of two options being studied by her warring cabinet. Michael Gove – picked by the prime minister to examine her preferred “customs partnership” model – warned there were “significant question marks over the deliverability of it”.
Meanwhile, the Irish deputy prime minister insisted Dublin would block a Brexit withdrawal agreement if she pursued an alternative technology-based solution, saying: “It won’t work.”
The warnings left Ms May with few apparent options to resolve the impasse, with a deadline set by the EU just six weeks away.
Two working groups of key ministers have been set up to study both the customs partnership – under which the UK would collect tariffs on behalf the EU – and the tech-based “max-fac” proposal.
Mr Gove, the environment secretary, speaking on the BBC’s Andrew Marr programme, declined to back Boris Johnson’s description of the partnership model as “crazy”.
But he said: “Boris pointed out that because it’s novel, because no model like this exists, there have to be significant question marks over the deliverability of it on time.”
Citeste si alte articole pe aceasta tema:
- Donald Trump told Theresa May she should sue the EU rather than negotiate over Brexit
- Theresa May Brexit speech in Florence | PM will propose two-year transitional deal
- Marea Britanie, incotro? Theresa May ia foarte in serios perspectiva unui „hard Brexit“ si recunoaste ca guvernul de la Londra a pregatit mai multe scenarii de siguranta
- Drepturile cetatenilor britanici in UE ar putea fi limitate. Masura ar putea fi un raspuns la propunerea Theresey May de a le interzice europenilor sa-si aduca membrii familiei in UK
- Theresa May la BBC: Trump mi-a spus ca ar trebui sa dau in judecata UE, nu sa negociez Brexitul
Ultimele stiri din Romania
Ultimele stiri din UK
Medici Romani in UK
Chirii in UK
- Ce poate face Romania pentru diaspora din Marea Britanie in cazul unui Brexit dur 23:03, 15.Ian 2019
- Noble Manhattan si Diana Moraru continua sa dezvolte prima scoala de coaching din Rep. Moldova. Urmatorul workshop va avea loc in martie 20:14, 11.Ian 2019
- Federatia Romanilor de Pretutindeni s-a lansat in Marea Britanie. Organizatia are ca scop apararea drepturilor si libertatilor romanilor din diaspora 16:22, 8.Ian 2019
- Locuri de munca pentru Asistenti Medicali in Marea Britanie oferite de PCQ Healthcare Romania 10:58, 4.Iul 2017
- Ambasada Romaniei in Marea Britanie anunta ca drepturile romanilor din Regat sunt garantate si protejate pana la iesirea efectiva a tarii din UE 14:17, 3.Apr 2017